Sunday, September 21, 2014

Review Takagi T-KJr NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 140,000 BTU

Takagi T-KJr NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 140,000 BTU

Takagi T-KJr NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 140,000 BTU

Released in 2003, the T-K Jr. is the smallest water heater in the Takagi tankless line. But this small, but powerful unit, with gas inputs up to 140,000 BTU per hour, can meet all the hot-water needs of, small American home or apartment with one or two bathrooms.

For more details about Takagi T-KJr NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 140,000 BTU please click link via button above.
More Details

Takagi T-KJr NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 140,000 BTU Features

  • Tankless Water Heater
  • Energy Saving
  • Space Saving
  • Computer controls with no pilot light
  • Flexable location

For more Takagi T-KJr NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 140,000 BTU Features please click link via button above.
More Feature

Takagi T-KJr NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 140,000 BTU

Customers say's :
Recenty Installed T-KJr Tankless Water Heater
The heater installed easily and works very well; however the unit was not complete as delivered. After the unit was installed the plumber discovered that the heater was missing the inlet water filter and O-ring seal. I called the service center listed on the installation manual and got the usual response that the retailer was somehow responsible for the contents of the shipment. I sent Amazon an E-mail and got no response; I sent Takagi an E-mail and got no response. Finally I had to go to the Takagi service center in Irvine and purchase the missing parts; obviously I could have sent the heater back to Amazon and had a replacement unit delivered, but think about how much trouble and expense this would have been compared to the missing parts that were less that $10. One final note: I know that Takagi tested the unit before it left their factory because there was still water in it when the plugs were removed from the connection ports, but there was also Teflon thread dope in the...

Excellent
The T-KJR does all that units costing twice as much will do plus more. They are rated for heating applications, which most tankless heaters aren't, and have a wide range of easy to change temperature settings. We now have a number of these as heat sources for individual apartments. They work extremely well in combination with European style, wall panel radiators. They may not have quite as high an energy efficiency rating as some, but at this price point that is almost irrelevant. For me, a few percentage points in efficiency is not worth 2-3 times the price. Other, pricier units probably won't last long enough to recapture the difference anyway.


unanswered questions
My unit is installed and working fine. I had to do some research to limit wild goose chases. A friend wanted me to install a unit. I told him I would after a few questions were answered.
1. With a stack out two feet above a 5/12 pitch roof, do I really need a back flow preventer? I really do not live in an area where cold air can enter the stack and freeze the unit, I do not smell harmful exhaust gases blowing back into the kitchen.
2. Do I really need a vertical condensate drain? The unit is servicing one person. After a 30 minute shower, I placed my hand directly on the exhaust stack. It was not hot enough to remove my hand. What condensate?
3. I was told I needed stainless steel double walled type F Stack out pipe. Considering the price, I do not think the inner wall aluminum is going to rust anytime soon.
4. I have not installed a pressure relief valve because the one required has not been available at the plumbing supply house. This item seems not applicable...

No comments:

Post a Comment