Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Review Bosch GL4S Ariston 4-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater

Bosch GL4S Ariston 4-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater

Bosch GL4S Ariston 4-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater

Bosch Ariston GL4S (Ariston GL4) Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater - Installing an Ariston electric mini-tank water heater under the sink puts hot water right where you need it -- at the point of use. Easy installation. Simply tap into the cold water line and install the water heater directly at the sink. Plugs directly into a standard 120 volt outlet. And when you want to eliminate the wait for hot water but need more volume, install the Ariston water heater in-line with a larger hot water source. The Bosch Ariston GL4S (Ariston GL4) keeps 4 gallons of hot water ready to go and draws only 12.5AMPS. A Pressure relief valve is included. The Bosch Ariston GL4S is a replacement for the Ariston GL4, but please note that the GL4S is 13.5" deep while the Ariston GL4 was only 12.25" deep.The new Ariston GL4S has many new improvements over the older Ariston GL4. The Ariston GL4 has a new temperature adjustment knob on the front of the unit to raise and lower the temperature from 65 Deg F to 145 ...

For more details about Bosch GL4S Ariston 4-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater please click link via button above.
More Details

Bosch GL4S Ariston 4-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Features

  • Point-of-use 4-gallon mini-tank water heater
  • Provides instant hot water for your sink's faucet
  • No hard wiring needed, simply plug into an outlet; installs independently or with a larger water-heating source
  • 120 volts, 1500 watts
  • Measures 14-by-14-by-12-1/4 inches; weighs 17 pounds; 1-year limited parts warranty, 6-year limited heat exchanger warranty

For more Bosch GL4S Ariston 4-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Features please click link via button above.
More Feature

Bosch GL4S Ariston 4-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater

Customers say's :
Fast hot water, inexpensive to run
This mini-tank water heater works very well and we love not having to wait for hot water at the kitchen sink. The form-factor is also very convenient for mounting under the kitchen sink, unlike some other small point-of-use water heaters.

I have this hooked up inline with a gas tankless water heater and I wanted to know how much this new heater was costing me in electricity, so I hooked up a meter to check it out for a few weeks. It turns out that, with our normal usage, it uses just about 5 KWH/week - which works out to about $2/month in our area.

Before this heater, we had to run a full 2 gallons of water down the drain before getting hot water to the sink - which was both a big pain and somewhat wasteful. With this 4 gallon heater, we basically have an instant and endless supply of hot water at the sink since the hot water from the main tankless unit arrives before the water cools too noticeably. I've also noticed that it seems to heat water on it's own...

I got a Lemon and Ariston was of no help
I have 2 tankless water heaters in my house (one on each end of the house). I added a 6 gallon tank to one of them to see if it would allow me to get hot water faster while the tankless water heater starts to heat up. I purchased an A.O.Smith for this and it worked great. For 4 years it has plugged away and I've never thought about it for a second. I've never had to touch it even one time so it's covered in dust and spider webs. I love it.

Two years later, I asked the plumber to put the exact same water tank into my house on the other tankless water heater. Instead, he installed this one by Ariston (Bosch). After I saw what he did, I told him this wasn't the same brand, but he assured me that this was far better. It was *NOT* better.

From the very beginning, the thermostat circuit kept triggering and shutting off because it said the water was too hot. Even when I turned it down to a very low temperature, it kept triggering. I would have to run down the basement...

Wow! Instant hot water. What a concept!
If your living in a place like mine where your hot water heater is a long way from the kitchen sink, then you are probably going crazy like I was waiting and waiting for the hot water to finally get to the faucet. There are technical ways to remedy this, but they involve a lot of plumbing, auxiliary pumps, and ripping half your house apart. Since I rent, I was thinking that the landlord wouldn't take to kindly to this idea. So I started casting about for a better solution.

That's when I came up with the idea of putting a little water heater as close to the kitchen faucet as possible. With this, the hot water is right there where you need it. No waiting and wasting a lot of water while running the faucet so that a half mile of plumbing warms up.

'Only problem is a tiny tank has very limited capacity. If you're only washing a dish or two like me, then no problem. But if you wash a sink full of dishes, it will quickly run out.

But the trick is to...

No comments:

Post a Comment