Monday, August 18, 2014

Review Bosch GL2.5 Ariston 2-1/2-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater

Bosch GL2.5 Ariston 2-1/2-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater

Bosch GL2.5 Ariston 2-1/2-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Features

  • Stores up to 2.5 gallons of water to supply hot water for a single sink
  • Easy, space-saving installation and draws power from standard outlet
  • Works independently or in line with a larger water-heating system
  • Glass-lined tank for longer life
  • Dimensions: 14-by-14 by-10-1/4-inches; Weight: 16 pounds; Electrical: 120 volts, 1500 watts

For more Bosch GL2.5 Ariston 2-1/2-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Features please click link via button above.
More Feature

Bosch GL2.5 Ariston 2-1/2-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater

Customers say's :
Two Fail in 2 & 3 years
I bought two GL2.5 water heaters in 3/2006 & installed one for a master bedroom and the other for the kitchen sink w/a T to dishwasher. Very nice to have hot water fast. Otherwise have to wait for it to come from attic quite some distance. BUT the directions suggest CLEANING it out every year. This pretty much means uninstall it if in a tight location! Turn upside down to drain, descale element and REPLACE ANODE! Every YEAR! Have you ever done that with a water heater... and they last 10 yrs. no problem! Well here, I did not do that & the first started to fail in late 2007. The thermostat breaker would kick off & I would reset it. Then that stopped working and I ordered a replacement thermostat in 4/2008 from Grainger. That worked & then we had our main circuit breaker kicking off easy. I think it was shorting through the mineral deposits! Unknown to me at the time... Then the tank fails mid-2009. Soon in Fall 2009 the 2nd unit had a tank failure (fyi, it never had the...

The solution for point-of-use warm water
I live in the northeast. It gets cold here. My basement is warmer than outdoors, but, despite copiously wrapping my pipes in insulation, I get cold water in my kitchen sink for something like 8-9 seconds (at full blast) before the water becomes passably warm. Working from home, having rambunctious teenagers and more than a few dogs, I do a lot of cleaning and hand-washing. I wasted a lot of water (water which was previously heated at some expense) trying just to get a little warm water. Worse, the dishwasher didn't change water fast enough to keep the water in the line warm, so the dishes would get rinsed in cold water every time, even if you use the water heat option for the wash. Certainly this is not a big problem, but I lived with it for five winters and decided this was the time to do something about it.

I purchased this point-of-use water heater (the smallest of three versions) so that it would fit underneath my kitchen cabinet. I've been using it for a few...

Bosch GL2.5 Ariston 2-1/2-Gallon - KEEP AN EYE ON IT!
I purchased a Bosch GL2.5 Ariston 2-1/2-Gallon water heater 3 years ago from Amazon for placement under my kitchen sink. Prior to installing this heater, it took a long time and a serious waste of water before the water became hot, which is unacceptable for kitchen sink use.

I installed the unit myself which is very easy if you have even the slightest knowledge of plumbing and a few typical tools.

The heater worked great for about a year. Then one morning, I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to make coffee. My kitchen floor was flooded. The relief valve on the top of the heater was leaking badly. Fortunately, I have tile floor in the kitchen and after several hours of clean-up and cussing, the kitchen was usable again. My kitchen cabinets were soaked, so I left the doors open and used a fan to circulate air for drying purposes.

Can you imagine what would have happened if we had been gone on vacation when this happened?

I called...

No comments:

Post a Comment